Count on us to help you keep your cool and for all your AC needs.
If your AC is letting you down during a heat wave this summer, we won’t! We’ve got everything you need to make sure that you keep your cool.
Our customer service team and reliable, expert technicians are fully equipped to quickly respond to any of your AC repair or maintenance needs, 24/7!
During a heat advisory warning it’s imperative that you stay cool and avoid putting your health at risk. Here are the top 10 ways to do this:
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light colored clothing. Wearing dark colors absorbs the heat.
- When outdoors it’s important to cover up as much skin as possible to avoid a sunburn.
- Stay inside if possible. Avoid the outdoors between the hours of 11:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
- Stay hydrated. Be sure to drink lots of liquids, especially water. Avoid or minimize your alcoholic, carbonated and caffeinated intake.
- Check that your air conditioner is working properly and has had a tune-up prior in the season. Make sure your doors and sills have the proper weather stripping to keep leaks to a minimum.
- Cover windows that get the morning and afternoon sun. Use drapes, shades and awnings to reduce the extra heat that enters your home.
- Eat lightly. Remember to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and be sure to eat light, well balanced meals.
- Take a cool shower and use your fans to keep cool.
- Never leave children or pets in parked cars, even for a brief period of time as temperatures rise quickly.
- Check on the elderly and other friends and neighbors to make sure they are OK. If they do not have air conditioning, consider having them visit during the hottest periods of the day.
It’s important to recognize the symptoms of heat exhaustion and be sure to get medical attention if you start exhibiting these signs:
- Cool, clammy skin
- Extreme fatigue, weakness
- Extreme thirst
Just by using some of these tips and taking simple precautions, you can alleviate discomfort and keep your cool during a heat wave.