The facts speak for themselves.
- FACT: Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors.
Source: American Lung Association
- FACT: Many illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air.
- FACT: The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air.
- FACT: Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC system.
- FACT: More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies or asthma.
- FACT: One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems.
Source: Total Health and Better Health Magazines.
- FACT: Respiratory irritants can circulate within the ducts and enter the room through the registers.
Source: ALA Health Home
- FACT: Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. Source: Department of Consumer Affairs
Make sure you prevent allergens, viruses and other air pollutants from entering your home.